COVID-19 Measures Relaxed Effective Tuesday, March 1, 2022
Cardinal Thomas Collins has confirmed that the Archdiocese of Toronto will ease major COVID-19 measures on Tuesday, March 1, 2022.
Below are some of the big changes to the Archdiocese’s COVID-19 policy by March 1st:
- All churches return to 100% capacity, without physical distancing requirements.
- Registration to attend Mass (e.g. by phone, online, logbook, etc.) is no longer required.
- Communion on the tongue resumes.
- Holy water fonts can be refilled.
Some COVID-19 measures remain, including:
- Mandatory mask use for those over the age of two.
- Bowing to each during the Sign of Peace.
- Hand sanitation at the church’s entrance and exit (NOTE: Priest and Eucharistic Ministers continue to sanitize hands before and after Communion).
- Masking for choir members – choirs and cantors still must be masked or remain 3 meters/9 feet from anyone else while singing.
St. Theresa’s Parish will be announcing these relaxed measures at all Masses throughout March 2022.
UPDATE: Effective March 21, 2022, mask requirements are relaxed at St. Theresa's Parish. Parishioners may choose to wear, or not wear, a mask beyond March 21, 2022.